Monday, March 10, 2008

Your input requested...

Ok, friends. I am at a crossroads in my life. I am past the age that I should be to remain in my current singles ward. The leaders have kindly overlooked my age and have not kicked me out so far. But...you know when you get that feeling that it's just time to move on? Well, I'm just about there. The Roosevelt Ward has been good to me. In many ways it is the best ward I have been in, but it just doesn't "fit" any more. My dilemma is to now decide where I should go. As I see it I have three options with their own pros and cons:
  1. I can choose to go to the older singles ward in hopes of still having some semblance of a social life. Then again, I have heard some horror stories about these older wards.
  2. I can choose to go the the regular family ward in my area and give up nearly all hopes of a social life. Then again, maybe there are people I need to serve or from whom I can learn.
  3. I can choose to go to a Spanish branch somewhere in the valley...again hoping for a social life and hoping to serve and learn.

I don't like change, but sometimes it is necessary. And I haven't been able to shake the feeling in terms of this current situation. Of course I plan to check each place out to see what feels most right, but I thought the input of trusted friends and family would be helpful as well. So please take time to make your vote known (it'll be good practice for November!)

2 comments:

Cory or Cari said...

Just a side note from someone currently attending a Spanish Branch. There are definately plenty of service/growth opportunities, but not much in the way of a social life.

Mackgrl said...

I have heard that there is a good 31 and older ward in your area...the one in my area is horrifying and my Bishop told me its full of "predators" (exact quote). But totally go check out yours...there is suppose to be a great one out there...its called Parley's or something like that. Then if it has hot guys, I will go with you every other week!