Sunday, July 22, 2007

To the other side of the world...

So it's just about 4:45 a.m. as I start writing this blog entry. Heidi and I leave for the the airport in about an hour and a half. We have been up all night and I just barely finished packing. That leaves just enough time to shower and straighten things up for our dog sitters (thanks Aline and Mom Merryweather!) We have been up all night...which thing I am too old for now I might add...originally thinking it would be a good way to start trying to adjust to the time change (India is 11 1/2 hours ahead of us.) But as fate would have it, staying up all night turned out to be necessary in order to get everything done.

I apologize for being absent from my blog for the past week or so...things have been beyond busy. Last weekend I drove my family home and went to my cousin's wedding and flew back on my birthday (don't ask how old!) I was here for a few days and then had to take off to Mexico for my clinic and got back late on Friday night. I also had to put in 7 hours at work to leave stuff organized there and well...you get the picture.

Anyway, I just wanted to say goodbye to everyone for now. Wish us luck in India...it still seems so unreal! I know we'll have plenty of good stories and pictures to share when we get back. So until then...keep on keepin' on!!

No comments: