Sunday, January 4, 2009

A new year, a new twin?

Well, first off...Happy 2009! I'm hoping it will be a much better year overall. It is certainly off to an interesting start though. Our church switched to 9 a.m. which is actually a good thing. As Heidi and I were walking to the chapel in the freezing cold I started laughing because we totally looked like sister missionaries in our black skirts and dark jackets. That got us to laughing about how everyone either thinks we are the same person, that we are sisters, or better yet twins. And today we got more confirmation of that. Anyway, first off here our our missionary pictures:


So we get to church so we can print off the programs and greet our lovely ward members. As we enter the chapel, we realize someone has left some pamphlets where the programs normally are. Thinking, of course, that this is something church-related, I pick one up and am very surprised to see the following:









WHAT?! Very random. Good for you if you choose to be a vegan. And I am all for animal rights...although I do enjoy some lovely pork or chicken or beef as well. I guess the major issue here is that leaving these kind of pamphlets in the chapel is completely inappropriate.






Ok, now back to the twin confusion. Even though we have been doing our calling for 2+ months, we have never been set apart. So two members of the bishopric set us apart after the meeting. I go first and give them my full name, Alyssa Lyn Wilson, no problem. Then Heidi goes and gives her full name, Heidi Jean Merryweather. As the counselor is about to start speaking he says, "Oh wait, did you say Heidi Jean Merryweather?!" We're pretty sure that he was about to set her apart as Heidi Jean Wilson. Cuz, you know...we're sisters, twins even!


Just when we though it couldn't get any better, along comes Relief Society. As it is the beginning of the year we are given ward directories and a photo directory of the RS sisters. Last time this photo directory went around somehow Heidi's picture wasn't even in there. Mine was there with my name. Well, here's what everyone has their hands on now (this is 100% true):
Yep, that's a picture of me...with Heidi's name under it!! We were crying we were laughing so hard. HILARIOUS!! I guess the only drawback is that now even more people will be confused about who we are. This is why we have decided to give in and just say yes the next time we are asked if we are sisters. It's not worth the explanation any more!






7 comments:

Globe Trecker said...

I am laughing really hard right now. That last picture with Heidi's name on it was hysterical! Oh, man, we really need to come to your ward. I wish our ward was as interesting.

Morgan said...

Awesome!

Morgan said...

um, that was me that posted the "awesome!" -Chanda

Kim said...

I love reading about the hilarious happenings of your ward- keep it coming!!!

Cory or Cari said...

I'm glad you have such a good sense of humor. You just can't make this stuff up. So funny. But seriously, does your ward have a clue what a gem they are all missing out on by not getting to know you? How sad for them.

Susan Brady said...

Happy New Year Sister Merriweather-Wilson. It seems to have started off with a bang. Hugs from Aunt Susan. Keep up the good work. Keep smiling, Keep laughing. Love you

--- The Lisby Family --- said...

How funny! They get Lisa, Jana, and I mixed up but at least we really are sisters! Good luck ending the confusion...