Thursday, July 24, 2008

The Dark Knight


I decided that I really didn't want to leave for my trip before seeing the new Batman movie. I'm glad that I had the day off and that our plane doesn't leave until tonight. This morning Heidi and I headed down to the IMAX theater at Jordan Commons...we had heard it was the way to go for this movie.

This movie is amazing!! If you haven't seen it yet, get out of your bat cave and get to the theater! Heath Ledger's portrayal of the Joker is soooo disturbingly brilliant! I've been a Heath Ledger fan since the good ol' "10 Things I Hate About You" days but this truly is his capstone performance. It's a tragedy that we have lost his talent. I would whole-heartedly endorse an Oscar nomination and win for him.

And of course, who doesn't love Christian Bale? By far the best Batman in my book. Morgan Freeman (Lucius Fox) is great, as is Michael Caine (Alfred) and Gary Oldman (Lt. Gordon) but he was great too. Maggie Gyllenhaal is not my favorite but definitely a big improvement over Katie Holmes.

I loved Batman Begins and I dare say the Dark Knight is even better. So a definite 2 thumbs up and 4 stars from me. I'm really glad I saw it before leaving!

1 comment:

KH said...

I agree with you completely! I saw it Saturday and it was way good.